Let me start this packing list by saying - don't panic. If there's anything you have forgotten, you can always buy it there. Bali has very good shopping and you will easily be able to find the pair of sunglasses, hat, sunscreen, extra swimsuit you have forgotten. Ok, good. Stress alleviated. Now you can go back to packing feeling a bit calmer. You are so welcome.
Bit of background. Bali weather is warm and steamy year round. The wet season is December through March. If you are going then, pack an umbrella and/or lightweight rain jacket.
Here's what'll be in my suitcase next time I head up the Island of the Gods for a week:
- Summer weight pyjamas. Alexandria Main has you covered with this. Click here!
- Swimsuits (2 or 3)
- Rash shirt and swim material skort. (Skorts are highly underrated. They mean you can kayak, do floating yoga, jetski or walk along a beach without baring all your jiggly bits to the world, and still get wet if it comes to that. I just think we need to petition someone to change their name because it sounds kinda like a snort and we all know that's not so sexy.)
- 1 Short and 2 Long pool/beach coverups
- Lightweight skirt x 2
- Lightweight shorts x 1
- T-shirts x 4 (wear one on the plane). T-shirts all need to match back with either the skirt or the shorts. I'm sure you didn't need me to tell you that.
- Lightweight cotton shirt.
r weight cardigan
- Sports singlet
- Sneakers or shoes you can walk in with sweaty, hot feet along footpaths that are not as smooth as you'll find at home.
- Dressier sandals- Beach bag. A bag that can work from sun lounge to cocktail lounge will save you some luggage space. Alexandria Main have some perfect ones here.
- Back pack or hand bag that can cross over your body (be safe from potential bag snatchers)
- Underwear (leaving it to you to figure that out)
Non clothing things
- Whichever electronic things you usually carry. Bali uses the 2 round pin socket.
- Plastic zip lock bags (this is your mother talking. You never know what will leak or be wet when you are coming home)
- Insect spray.
- Bottle of Evian face spray
- Hand sanitiser
- Filled script for antibiotics that will work on Bali belly (see your doctor)
- Patience (for if you are driving or being driven anywhere ;))
Ok, I think that's it. Have fun! Let me know if I've forgotten anything and have a mojito at Finn's Beach Club for me please.